about interim management
Interim management is the management of a unit or a
project for a limited period.
Typical skills of an interim manager are:
- experienced senior manager with a proven career
- a generalist with a treasure trove of experience
- expertise for the current challenge
Timeframe for interims management:
- Interim management can last from days to years.
- An interim manager also implements what he advises
and therefore the nature of interim management is
more long term oriented.
- Typical the mandate ends ones the targets are achieved.
Examples where to allocate an interim manager:
- projects (if ou lack ressources or comptencies)
- strategic projects
- political critical tasks (e.g. Board of Directors,
board of management )
- management of difficult tasks such as restructuring
where the decissions of an interim manager are not
blocked bei internal staff or historical relations.
- to establish a new company or business unit
- support in succession situations
- close the gap in case of vacany
- mergers & acquisitions, integration
- evaluation of cooperations